4 Servings | Prep: 5 min | Cook: 15 min
P:29.4g | C:11.1g | Fat:12.23g | Fiber: 4.75g
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (feel free to use frozen shrimp! Just defrost them first!)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1.5 pounds asparagus (rinsed and trimmed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Red chili pepper flakes, for garnish to tasteInstructions:
1. In a large bowl add the shrimp, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix contents until shrimp are coated well.
2. In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook seasoned shrimp on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet to a plate and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and reduce heat to medium. Add vegetable stock, lemon juice and Sriracha and bring to a simmer.
4. Add the asparagus and cook the asparagus until crisp-tender, approx. 4-6 minutes. Turn the asparagus until it is coated in the sauce.
5. Push the asparagus on the side and add blackened shrimp back to the pan. Squeeze lemon juice on top of the blackened shrimp and asparagus. Reheat for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
6. Garnish with red crushed chili pepper flakes to taste.
7. Serve immediately & enjoy! ?
Tip: – I used Kroger frozen shrimp. Just defrost them first!
– Save time by blanching asparagus first in boiling water for 2 minutes then soak in ice water to stop cooking. Then you can cook asparagus as per the recipe.